BE A PADI PRO TODAY
Divemasters Wanted! Join the Tribe!
Do you have a deep and abiding passion for diving? Or, do you merely love it with all of your heart? If so, you should consider doing what you love for a living: become a PADI Divemaster.
When you Join the Tribe™ by becoming a PADI Divemaster, you align yourself with the largest and most respected dive tribe in the world—that of PADI Professionals. These are PADI Divemasters and Instructors sharing a passion for diving and an active concern for the health of the world’s underwater habitats.
PADI Divemaster Course
Looking for the first step in working with scuba as a career? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
To develop the previous characteristics in an individual, the PADI Divemaster course has five broad goals:
- To develop the knowledge, attitudes, judgment and skills for supervising certified divers in shore-based and boat-based diving activities.
- To develop the knowledge, attitudes, judgment and skills for assisting with training divers in PADI courses.
- To develop the knowledge, attitudes, judgment and skills for independently conducting specific PADI programs for certified divers and nondivers (e.g., Scuba Review, Discover Snorkeling, PADI Skin Diver course).
- To develop the candidate’s dive theory knowledge, water skills, rescue skills and experience to the levels necessary to enter the PADI Assistant Instructor course and the PADI Instructor Development Course. And to encourage the candidate to continue into those programs.
- To promote each candidate’s growth to meet individual needs and interests, and to meet the dive community’s needs and expectations in dive leaders (e.g., risk management, personal health and safety, the needs of the dive retailer).
Logged Minimum 40 Dives
Current CPR and First Aid (within 2 years)
PADI Rescue Diver or equivalence
Ownership of all dive gears (Preferable)